PyCon AU is a grass-roots, community-driven event. It needs bright, enthusiastic people - like you - to make it a success!
Volunteering at PyCon AU is a great opportunity, and can be deeply rewarding. On a more practical note, volunteering at PyCon AU can add to your professional portfolio in many ways - making this an ideal opportunity for students or recent graduates.
- Meeting exceptional people - many of whom are recognised experts in their field and industry luminaries
- Great networking opportunities with people working in the Python and free and open source community
- Gaining practical, hands-on experience and skills in event management, customer liaison, public relations and operation of audio visual equipment - which are invaluable to future employers
What’s required of me?
We’re looking for
- people who can help out for a majority of the conference, working in roles such as AV or the Registration desk, in exchange for a free ticket to the event
- people who can help out only a little for ad-hoc tasks, but understand that they need to have their own ticket for the event.
What’s in it for me?
If you can help out for a majority of the conference, we’ll give you a volunteer ticket. This gets you:
- Free t-shirt!
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea for the conference
All volunteers get:
- Warm and fuzzie feelings
- A hearty round of applause at the conference close as we invite you on stage to thank you for your efforts
- Written reference covering your experience and duties - useful for job interviews!
- Refunds of expenses you incur in the course of volunteering (e.g. parking costs if asked to help logistically, etc)
What you need to know.
PyCon AU 2019 operates under a clear Code of Conduct and we ask that all volunteers exemplify this during their time volunteering during the conference. All attendees (including volunteers, organisers, speakers and attendees) are bound by this Code of Conduct as part of registering to attend.
The conference has also recently published a statement regarding the video licensing of sessions that are recorded and published. If you’re interested to volunteer, we ask that you read this statement and understand the conference’s decision regarding content licenses.
Sign me up!
If you are interested, please use the PyCon AU 2019 Volunteer Application form to send us your details, the times that you are available, and the skills you have to offer.
- We have limited places for volunteers, so not everyone who applies will be granted a volunteer ticket
- Please indicate if you have already registered for the conference and are helping out ‘only a little’
- This is not the session chair registration form. That comes later.
To ensure we get a shirt that fits you, please let us know if you can volunteer before June 30 2019 We will then have time to review your application and get information from you about your shirt.