PyCon AU 2019 is all done.
692 people registered to be a part of the event, and we saw 121 speakers (including 9 students and 25 lightning talks) over 5 days, speaking about all manner of things Python and technology.
We were also able to host 11 children in our on-site childcare, and get our videos uploaded in another record time. You can see our 2019 videos on YouTube.
Yet again, we want to thank everyone who helped make PyCon AU 2019 possible:
- Tania Walker, for the amazing CurlyBoi design
- Evan Brumley and WSP, for the CurlyBoi station
- Christopher Neugebauer, our lightning talk czar
- All our lightning talk speakers, old and new
- All those who helped review Financial Aid applications
- The team who reviewed all 347 talk proposals (a record!)
- Katie Bell, Amber Brown, Lilly Ryan, and miaia sauren our Conduct team
- Our childcarers, taking care of our junior Pythonistas all weekend
- Aurynn Shaw, Brandon Rhodes, and VM Brasseur, our invited speakers
- All our speakers, across all the Specialist Tracks and general conference
- Our session chairs
- All our amazing volunteers
- The entire AV team and crew at Next Day Video
- The ICC Venue staff, especially Jeff and Santosh, our venue liasons
- Eliza Sorensen, Chris Watt, Leigh Brenecki, Markus Holtermann, Amanda Hogan, Bruce Fuda, Rachel Bunder, and Paula Sanz-Leon, our Specialist Track organisers
- Katie Bell, Conference Co-Director
- Lilly Ryan, our Papers Chair
- Russell Keith-Magee, our hardworking Treasurer
- Jack Skinner, our Operations and Volunteer Lead
- Noah Kantrowitz, our Special Operations Magician
- all our attendees
- everyone else that we’ve missed.
It’s been wonderful to host you all again in Sydney.
We are now handing over to the Adelaide team for PyCon AU 2020
Until we meet again,
PyCon AU 2019 Conference Director